Business Manager, Laboratory Services (Medical)
ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance are among our core principles.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement.
Summary of Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Laboratory Services and works in conjunction with the clinical managers; Laboratory Business Manager is responsible for the day-to-day business operations of ProHEALTH laboratory services, independently and with minimum supervision. Ensuring efficient and effective operations is the manager's primary objective.
· Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
· Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers and both internal and external customers.
· Gather, analyze and interpret both external and internal data.
· Review financial reports for accuracy, completeness and whether they are in line with current projections and ultimate business goals.
· Knowledge of laboratory specific insurance requirements and billing practices.
· Knowledge of Clinical and Anatomic Pathology laboratory methodology and testing.
· Ensure compliance with government regulations and company policies across the entire laboratory organization, including implementing risk management and safety guidelines.
· Listens, acknowledges, and responds to the patients' issues and problems. Demonstrates the desire to help resolve the situation.
· Handles all details of patient billing issues and resolves appropriately.
· Observes ProHEALTH's rules, policies and regulations with regard to the following: attendance and punctuality, courtesy and respect for co- workers, attitude and appearance.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned and take on special projects upon request.
· High School Diploma
· College degree preferred
· 3-5 years supervisory experience in the medical field.
· Knowledge of managed care companies and other insurance carriers preferred
· Strong customer service skills.
· Computer literate.
ProHEALTH strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.